MOVING TO THE CLOUD
Head to the Cloud for Faster, Smarter Accounting
Borst Accounting Solutions can help you easily transition to cloud-based accounting
We all face the ongoing challenge of finding ways to work smarter and faster. Moving from desktop accounting software, like QuickBooks Desktop, to a cloud-based accounting system, like Xero or QuickBooks Online, can help you do both. The ‘cloud’ is an online platform that makes data and software easily accessible – on demand, from any type of device. A single computer hard drive or onsite server is no longer the central repository for your financial data.
Why move to the cloud?
Use of cloud-based accounting systems has been increasing as companies look for better perspectives of their finances and improved collaboration with teams. Here are the key benefits of shifting to the cloud:
- A cloud-based system allows multiple users to have access, compared to a one-person-at-a-time desktop solution. Users can access the cloud from anywhere, using any device that’s connected to the Internet.
- No more cookie-cutter desktop software. Most cloud-based systems include built-in flexibility for creating custom views and reports. Third-party apps are also available to tailor views to reflect your industry or processes.
- You can integrate accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, expense management and payroll within your cloud-based system. Software is updated automatically to reflect tax changes or corrections; no need to purchase new software to install.
- Your financial data is backed up daily and stored on offsite servers protected by the latest security measures. Data is safe and fully recoverable, even if your team faces equipment failure or theft. You control user permissions, access and sharing.
How we can help
The team at Borst Accounting Solutions has the experience and skill set to help you transition efficiently and effectively from desktop systems to the cloud. We use a proven process for conversion that includes:
- Setting a migration date and milestone calendar. We’ll work with you to find a date requiring the least disruption to your data.
- Preparing your data. Depending on your current desktop software, you may need to adjust your data to integrate into the cloud-based system.
- Supporting your data migration. We’ll discuss the best approach for entering your data into the new system. Automated processes are available to make the switch easier and more accurate.
- We don’t leave you up in the clouds after converting to the cloud-based system. Our team provides training and ongoing support to help you maximize the benefits of the cloud.
Call us today or contact us online to book a consultation and inquire about a smooth transition to cloud-based accounting systems.